This is the fourth version of my main larp leather armor.
Not much is visible to the eyes, but there is many improvements since the v3 :
- I now have a leather tunique underneath, and foam/fur padding in the helmet,
- the arms protections are fixed under the inner pauldrons,
- the fur tassets are now sewed to the armor, levering the weight on my hips,
- full legs protection,
- the outer pauldrons are fixed to the inner's ones more closely to the neck,
- the helmet and the head protection inside have ear holes, which is essential to get the orders right,
- the face is masked with a see-through voilage, very dark but surprisingly transparent from the inside,
- lost the amber stone of my right glove
The whole becomes a little heavy to wear, but really is comfy and not too hot. Besides I can bend, sit, jump and run on short distances without any problems. Longer sprints require stamina, working on it ^^.
- Yes I make it myself. I took a lot of time and many trials/errors, but worth every second.
- It is designed and used for battle, and can widthstand (moderates) steel impacts.
- Everything is home made, except for the weapons which are Calimacil.
- The main material I use is Croupon, a sturdy and thick leather. I don't use any paint, only neat oil, thus the natural look.
- Assembly is a mix of sewing, riveting and lacing.
- Yaay DD ! ^^
- Featured in this epic painting by Muratgul. Wish I look this badass in my twilight :