Leathercraft CompendiumLeathercraft CompendiumLeathercraft Compendium by Astanael
This is not, by any means, an absolute reference. Nothing is absolute and I am not a pro, just a enthusiast hobbyist.
This a compilation of the techniques and skills I learned on the fly. Seriously, I first discovered larping in 2007 and never stop crafting since then. A lot of trials and errors are involved, and I learn mostly from fellow crafters, larpers and the glorious Internet of course. The key is to try again and again and again (and again). You will fail. A lot. Experience comes at a cost, so never give up and get the grit to harshly criticize your work. Please do not take my word for it and try alternate ways.
Finally, beware of the terms I use ! I'm not a native English speaker therefore some tools or materials might be mistranslated. If y'all can tell me when me slang is off, that'd be nice.
Leather can refer to a wide range of very different materials. The subject is really vas
Hi and welcome ^^ !
I am a freelance crafter who simply likes to create and share.
Feel free to:
- use any of my creations as long a you provide a backlink,
- hire me for commissions or projects,
- get new doodles twice a week by watching me.
Tools of the trade:
- TRADITIONAL: mostly pencil and ball-pen on sketchbook, sometimes acrylic and oil.
- DIGITAL: Gimp & Inkscape on Wacom.
- PROPS MAKING: Paint jobs, Cast resin, Latex foam, Animatronics and many more.
- CRAFTING: Leatherwork, Woodwork, Metalwork, Paperwork... err... not the last one.